There are many services for delivery in Canada.
1.) REGISTERED MAIL: Registered Mail is a domestic service under Canada Post. This is for customers who need proof of mailing or proof of delivery. This service requires the signature of the addressee or the addressee’s representative. It also provides the sender with a mailing receipt, a copy of the signature and the date when the item is delivered. The Domestic Parcel Services ship their documents, packets, and parcels within Canada. The following parcel services are available for domestic shipping :
An item shipped by Registered Mail is considered to be unacceptable by Canada Post if it,
- contains any dangerous substance or article that is prohibited by law or defined as a harmful good
- does not meet the size and weight specifications required for this service
- it may soil, taint or damage the mail equipment, or even puts a person in danger or is emitting offensive odors
- if it contains rotten food or live animals that do not meet the required shipping conditions.
- if it is improperly prepared or insecurely packed or wrapped.
Under Registered Mail, Canada Post does not deliver:
- offensive articles that contain explicit material
- anything related to bookmakers, pool-setting, betting or unlawful schemes
- schemes that are related to defrauding the public.
2.) LETTER MAIL: Letter mail is the most suitable and cost-efficient way of shipping. It ships personal messages, business correspondence, invoices, and billing statements within Canada. These include:
- letters, cards (which includes postcards) or similar kind of communications and self-mailers,
- an annual, semi-annual or quarterly report,
- receipts or invoices (or similar kind of documents that contains financial information),
- a notice for voting in case of a federal, provincial or even municipal event,
- a CD or DVD (has to be submitted to Canada Post for testing and get it approved)
The delivery standards are the estimated time of how long it might take for the mail to be delivered depending upon the delivery zone. These delivery standards are not always guaranteed.
1.) Letter Post:Letter-post is the cheapest method of sending personal and business correspondence.
2.) Registered Mail:This is a service offered to customers who need proof of mailing. Registered Mail service provides a date stamped official receipt, as proof of mailing to the sender. Items that may be accepted as Registered Mail:
- Letter-post which may be standard or any other Letter-post to international destinations (but excluding the U.S.A.)
- Literature for the Blind
- Xpresspost – USA to the U.S.A. only.
- it is used to send non-document items
- it contains items prohibited by law in Canada or the destination country
- it is used to send surface mail
- an Xpresspost – USA receipt
- a Registered Mail registration receipt.
3.) Parcel Services :Shipping documents, packets, and parcels to the U.S.A. or to any International Destinations are subject to the size and weight restrictions.
The items are considered unacceptable by Canada Post if:
- it contains any dangerous substance or article prohibited by law. Or if it does not meet the size and weight specifications for this service
- it may soil, taint or damage mail or mail equipment, expose a person to danger or emit offensive odors
- if it has food perishables or contains live animals which do not meet the standard shipping requirements.
- if it has been improperly or insecurely packed or wrapped.
INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING MADE EASY VIA CANADA POSTInternational shipments through Canada Post should have the correct documentation available otherwise it would be returned back. Customs clearance work involves a lot of preparation. Quite a few documentations are required to help in export or imports into the country.
CUSTOMS :A few documents that are involved in customs clearance are : 1.) Exports Documentation : -A purchase order from the Buyer -Sales Invoice -Packing List -Shipping bill -Bill of Lading or air waybill -Certificate of Origin and any other specific documentation as mentioned by the buyer, or as per importing country regulations. 2.) Imports Documentation : -Purchase Order from the Buyer -Sales Invoice of the supplier -Entry bill -Bill of Lading or Airwaybill -Packing List -Certificate of Origin and any other specific documentation as mentioned by the buyer, or by the importing country regulation.
COMMERCIAL INVOICE:It is the document that has the records of the transaction between the seller and the buyer. Commercial invoices should include the following details:
- The date, the names, and the commercial address of the vendor and the customer.
- Precise denomination and quantity of goods.
- Unit and the total price of the goods in the agreed currency.
- Means and conditions of payment.
- Delivery terms of the goods.
- Seller’s and buyer’s identification for VAT purposes
- Order reference number.
- Origin of the goods.
- Tariff code of the goods.
- Means of transport.
- An authorized person’s signature, if required by the buyer’s government.
LABELS AND DOCUMENTATIONS REQUIRED:Every item must have the following:
- A shipping label which can be seen and fixed flat and wrinkle-free to the largest side of the shipment. You should avoid wrapping the label around the edges of the item. Also, it shouldn’t be fixed in such a way that it makes it difficult to scan the bar-code.
- A complete address is imperative, including the origin and the destination. A valid Postal Code, seller’s name and/or company name, the buyer’s name and/or receiver’s company name and receiver’s telephone number is needed.
- Acceptable and valid proof of payment.
- Accurately completed for each item in the Customs Declaration part of the shipping label the item content information including the reason for export, the non-delivery instructions, the quantity, the description, the unit value, and the weight information
- It should be accompanied by any document (invoice, license, certificate, permit, etc.) required by the destination it is being sent to.
SPECIAL SERVICES PROVIDED BY CANADA POST1.) SIGNATURE: Signature makes sure that a personal handover of the item happens during delivery and provides the proof of this activity. Signature is automatically included in the service at no additional charge and is provided when available for Priority Worldwide, Xpresspost – USA (including Prepaid Envelopes) and Xpresspost – International Prepaid Envelopes. At the time of shipping, the sender can choose the Signature option which is available for free for Xpresspost – International. 2.) INSURANCE: If the shipment is up to $100CDN, the insurance is included in the fee itself (excluding Small Packet Service). The declared value of the shipment should be entered on the shipping label and other documentation if applicable. Insurance coverage is not there for prepaid envelopes or for goods that contain food products. Additional Liability Coverage is available up to $1,000CDN for shipments (not available for prepaid envelopes), for a fee. All the options that a seller wants have to be selected at the time of shipping itself to make sure that they are properly captured and linked to the unique tracking number.
3.) LIBRARY MATERIAL: It is a service available to well known public libraries and university libraries. It’s also available for other libraries which are for public use in Canada. It is available for eligible library materials that are mailed by a library to its clients or to a borrowing library for use by their clientele. It may consist of books, magazines, records, CDs, CD-ROMs and other similar library materials. Library Materials shipments must be shipped in appropriate packaging. This is provided by the vendor and must contain a complete address, including the correct Postal Code. 4.)RETURN LABEL : When the store owner is shipping to customers, they can’t always predict what the customers will return — but they can be ready. StorePep helps customers with return labels as well. You have the option to print labels for domestic returns and email a PDF of the return label to the customer. The Return Label once created looks like the following :
SETTING UP AUTOMATION RULES WITH STOREPEP:Integrate your Canda Post account with StorePep. Then take one of the cases of automation where we create a rule, based on the quantity of the product. A rule is created such that the Rates are to be displayed if the quantity of the product is between 1 and 4.
Once this rule is enabled, let the quantity of the product be 2 which is between 1 and 4. In this case, the Rates can be seen in the cart page as shown below. Now If this rule is enabled and the product quantity is increased to more than 4, then the rates won’t be displayed on the cart page. This particular automation was set with the criteria based on Quantity. Similarly, automation criteria can be set on the basis of Shipping Zone, Total Weight, Price of the shipment and the product’s shipping class. Now let us see how to print Canada Post shipping label using StorePep
PRINT A CANADA POST SHIPPING LABEL USING STOREPEP?StorePep provides store owner’s a complete end-to-end shipping solution for their online store. With Storepep, store owners can generate and print shipping labels for individual orders or even in bulk with a click of a button. Label for an order can be printed after the order status changes to the processing status from the initial status. This which happens only after the carrier service has been selected for the particular order. Let us see how to print shipping labels with StorePep.
After the Order is imported to the store, Generate Label
The label generated can be printed from the Label Batch option. Head over to your StorePep dashboard. To print your shipping labels, select the orders which are in the processing state and then under ‘Bulk Actions’, select ‘Generate Label’. A sample Shipping Label is shown below.
Once the Label is generated the store owner can request for a pickup just by a single click.
StorePep gives the option to Store Owners to check the tracking status of their orders through StorePep itself. The order status is color coded as well. The customers are notified via email if there’s any change in the order status For eg. Shipped, In transit, Delivered, Delayed, Etc.